Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Seafoam Green

Good Evening! Happy Hump Day! In honor of this special day I think we should all stand up and start doing the Humpty Hump dance.... or better yet lets pretend that I didn't just say that. Anywho, I hope everyone's work week is so far so good. I have been crazy busy all this week and last. The weekend seriously could not come soon enough.

Tonight's post is an outfit post. It's all about my seafoam green pants I wore over the weekend. I believe seafoam green was big in the 1950's especially in kitchenware. I bought these pants over the summer when the mint craze all began. I couldn't find a pair of mint jeans that weren't ridiculously expensive or were super low rise. One thing you should all know about me is that I'm a bargain hunter and if I am going to pay full price for something it better already be affordable or else that item is not coming home with me (I'm shaking my head and snapping my fingers). The second thing you should all know is that the coin slot look does not look good on me... or anybody. I retired any low rise jeans/pants in my college years and there they will stay. So last summer I found these seafoam green pants online at Zara that were reasonably priced. I liked them because they were close to the mint color but they also were pretty nifty because they weren't jeans and they had a snazzy side zipper near the ankles. I have to be honest... even though I adored these pants I haven't really gotten around to wearing them until last weekend. The main reason is because over the summer it was nasty hott (yes with two T's) I stopped wearing pants in early June because it was soooo hott. I didn't wear them in the fall because around early October is when I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (IC) and I was given advice from my OBGYN that wearing loose fitting clothes can help ease the severity of IC symptoms. So for a couple of months I would only wear long maxi dresses or loose fitting skirts with thigh highs so I wouldn't irritate my bladder. Since I feel that my symptoms are much more manageable now I allow myself to wear fitted pants and leggings a few times a week just as long as my symptoms are under control. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 

Below are some photos of my outfit and a nice little surprise at the end.... you'll see 

Sweater: H&M, Pants: Zara, Scarf: Charlotte Russe, Shoes: Cathy Jean





Necklace: Sammydress, Bracelets: LuLus          


and what you all have been waiting for....

Brian just being super..... SEXY.


Ha Ha, the last one was a special treat for all of you. I hope you don't get a toothache from taking in Brian's oh so sweet pics. Brian was mimicking my poses. He thinks he's hilarious... he kind of is... SOMETIMES!

Well that's all she wrote... literally. Boom! Until next time, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment