Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Potato num nums!

Happy Wednesday Everybody! It's hump day... I've said too much. Anywho! Recently I made some pretty tastey potatoes to go along with the steak dinner my boyfriend prepared for us. My Dad is the one who taught me how to make this yummy side dish. I like making a version of this for football get together's as well. To find out how to make this yummy potato heaven keep reading! 


Directions: Clean off potatoes, poke out the eyes (or spots) on the potatoes, scrub off any dirt that may be on them. Cut the potatoes, I like to cut across and down the middle. Once there are four sections I cut each section once more or twice depending on the size of the potato. Once all the potatoes are cut I place them in a bowl and season them with salt and pepper. I drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil onto the pan. I take a hand full of the potatoes and drizzle about a teaspoon worth of olive oil on the potatoes and rub the olive oil onto each of the potatoes. I repeat this until all of the potatoes have been place on the pan and have had olive oil placed on them. I like the white section of the potatoes to be showing so that it is easier to season each potato slice. I mix the seasoning with my hands making sure that all the potatoes have been well seasoned. I set the oven for 375 degrees and let it cook for around 35- 40 minutes.


Ingredients: Red potatoes (5 potatoes can feed about 3 people), olive oil (follow the directions to get an idea for the amount), salt and pepper, garlic powder, parsley and red pepper. 


I hope you give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment